Rising Together: Morocco Earthquake Relief Campaign
Morocco Earthquake Relief
In the wake of a devastating earthquake that has shaken Morocco's communities, we stand united to provide immediate relief and support. Our campaign, "Rising Together," is a call to action for individuals, organizations, and nations to come together and help those affected by this natural disaster.
1. Provide Immediate Relief: Our primary goal is to deliver essential relief supplies, including food, clean water, shelter, and medical aid, to the affected areas.
2. Rebuilding Lives: We aim to support the long-term recovery of affected communities by helping them rebuild homes, schools, and infrastructure.
3. Fostering Resilience: Through education and training, we'll empower local communities to better prepare for future seismic events and reduce their vulnerability.
- Launch a widespread online fundraising campaign to collect donations from individuals and businesses.
- Collaborate with international aid organizations to secure additional funding.
2. Relief Distribution:
- Establish distribution centers in affected regions for efficient and equitable relief distribution.
- Work with local volunteers and organizations to ensure aid reaches those in need.
3. Rebuilding Efforts:
- Partner with construction and engineering firms to assess and rebuild damaged infrastructure.
- Provide financial assistance and materials to help families rebuild their homes.
4. Resilience Programs:
- Organize workshops and training sessions on earthquake preparedness and response.
- Distribute informational materials to raise awareness about earthquake safety.
5. Public Awareness:
- Launch a social media campaign to raise awareness about the earthquake's impact and the relief efforts.
- Share stories of resilience and hope from affected communities.
6. International Collaboration:
- Seek support and cooperation from international governments, NGOs, and relief agencies.
- Leverage diplomatic channels to secure additional aid and resources.
"Rising Together" is more than just a campaign; it's a testament to the strength and unity of humanity. Together, we can help Morocco recover from this disaster, rebuild communities, and prepare for a safer future. Your support and contributions will make a significant difference in the lives of those affected by the earthquake.
Join us in this mission to provide relief, rebuild lives, and foster resilience in Morocco. Together, we can rise above the challenges and make a lasting impact.
Islamic Relief Canada's Morocco Emergency Appeal
Powerful earthquake kills hundreds in Morocco’s High Atlas region
A powerful quake struck at 11pm on September 8, injuring thousands and killing over 1,000 people – a grim death toll that is likely to rise in the days ahead.
Many of the dead are in remote villages in the High Atlas mountains, the epicentre of the earthquake. Residents are using whatever equipment they can find as they struggle to reach their neighbours under the rubble.
Aftershocks have left families too frightened to seek shelter, with exhausted survivors forced to sleep in the streets.
Please support our Emergency Response today, giving anything you can to help save lives.
Islamic Relief's Response
Islamic Relief teams from neighbouring countries are en route, and we are rapidly working through local partners to conduct immediate needs assessments.
In the coming hours, we will work to provide urgent food supplies, emergency shelter and basic essentials to the people affected by the earthquake. Help us send relief today.
Islamic Relief’s thoughts and prayers are with the people of Morocco, as they face the aftermath of one of the strongest earthquakes in years.
Historic Marrakech badly damaged
The earthquake, which was felt as far away as Algeria and Portugal, also shook historic Marrakech, the nearest major city to the epicentre. Homes and other buildings in the UNESCO World Heritage Site have collapsed.
The epicentre was in the High Atlas Mountains, 71km (44 miles) south-west of Marrakesh, at a depth of 18.5km. The earthquake killed people in the provinces and municipalities of al-Haouz, Marrakesh, Ouarzazate, Azilal, Chichaoua and Taroudant.
Blocked roads are preventing ambulances from reaching the wounded, and while officials are scrambling to clear debris, rescue and relief efforts are difficult amid the mountainous terrain, risk of landslides, and large distances.
Once the user has seen at least one product this snippet will be visible.